Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Resolutions!!

I am not one for New Year's Resolutions as a rule, and this one is not one of those either, but I guess, a New Lifestyle Resolution. As is very common for many people, I have gained weight and need to remove it. So I'm going to blog about that for a while and see if it helps me. Since I found out that I have Celiac I have gained weight. Don't know if it's from "comfort eating" or because food "replacements" made without gluten have more fat and sugar in them to make them taste good, or a combination. I'm NOT going to weigh myself--I'm going to take it from what I weighed the last time I went to the dr. and see if I can go from there. Hopefully my clothes will get looser. I'm going to take Dr. Joe Murray's advice--he's the director of the gastroenterology department at the Mayo Clinic and evidently the top guy on Celiac in the world. His advice is what he calls 10-10-10--eat 10% less, no eating after 10 at night, and walk 10,000 steps a day. I can do the 10% pretty easily, and I don't eat late at night as a rule, it's the 10,000 steps a day that's going to be tough one. I plan on getting a pedometer, and then watch out AMOS!!! He's going to have to join me in SOME of those 10,000!!! He could use a little reduction himself although he's not chubby. I know that I will feel so much better both from exercise and weight loss. Wish there were an indoor pool here in Glenpool, I hate to drive to Tulsa to swim, but that may happen. Or I may wait till summer and use the community center pool. We'll see. Wish me luck!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment