Friday, February 6, 2009

blogging and other things!

Well, here is my first attempt at a blog, and my first post. I was amazed at how easy it was to set it up! I have to say, I've learned soooooo much in the first 6 months of working in a library.

Let me tell you a little about myself. I was a teacher for almost 30 years and retired from that. I'm not a "stay at home" person so I substituted the first year I was retired and then this job came open at the library. I've wanted to work at a library for such a long time, should've been a librarian in the first place but...now I am--well, really a library associate which is great!! I also never travelled the first 50 years of my life but I'm making up for it now. My husband and I have driven to California twice--and had fabulous trips. Stayed on the Queen Mary in Long Beach and went to Catalina Island. I've taken 3 cruises, one with my daughter, one with my daughter and 3 of my teacher friends and 1 with my husband, daughter and step-daughter. All were fabulous. My husband and I also went to England, Ireland, Wales and Scotland in 2007 and then I went to France in 2008 for 2 weeks with a girlfriend, so I'm making up for lost travel time!!

I have 4 children--2 boys who are 34 and 33, a daughter who is 18 and a step-daughter who is 25. I also have 4 grands--2 naturals and 2 steps--all boys between the ages of 6 and 9. YIKES!!
I have a darling little Corgi named Amos. My favorite hobby besides reading is knitting. A day without knitting is like a day without chocolate.

My husband and I have also opened a little antique/junque shop in Tulsa called Heebie Jeebies, because all the glass and pottery gave me the heebie jeebies when we were moving it in. We decided that was the perfect name for our shop. I ran it for a while until I got hired at the library and then my husband "retired" and started running the shop. We both love our jobs now!!

Well, I guess that's it for today!! WOOHOO, I'm a blogger!!!

5 comments:

  1. Great job Roz! I love to travel too. My wife and I have taken two cruises and had the joy of living in Germany for 3 years when I was in the Army. Where's your shop?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gary, our shop is on 15th Street, right across from Merritt's Bakery. The address is 3215 E. 15th, there's a strip center with 4 shops--Buffalo Stew is on one end and we are on the other. My husband had always dreamed of having his own shop and is really enjoying running it. Roz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Roz,
    I LOVE Amos' picture. What a beautiful corgi! What a great start to your blog. I'll check in periodically to see how your corgi, knitting,travel, etc.. is going.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on setting up your blog, Roz. Your first post is a perfect example of how to use a blog & I wish you success as you continue down the 23 Things path.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A blog with cute corgi pics! Woohoo indeed.

    Great job:-)

    ReplyDelete