Saturday, February 7, 2009

Saturday and NOT in the park!!


Since my blog is called corgis, knitting and library things, I'm going to start with the corgi. This is a picture of Amos, the tri-color Welsh Pembroke Corgi that I got after my trip to Wales and to France. My friend Susie has a corgi that I just loved, and my husband and I went to Wales--and the rest of the British Isles--and we actually went to Pembroke, so I was pretty sure I wanted a corgi. Then after my trip to France where EVERYONE had dogs and walked them, I decided I HAD to have a dog of my own. We'd had the kids' dogs etc but it'd been a long time since I'd had my own. I didn't really want a puppy--they are too much work and I'm not good at training a dog so I happened upon a wonderful lady in Broken Arrow who shows Corgis and breeds once a year (responsible breeder!!!!) and she had an adult dog who needed to be an "only" dog. This is the perfect dog for me, he's lazy, does not like to walk but will go if you show him a FULL bag of "cookies" and shake them at him every once in a while. Very laid back. He's not a herder like some corgis and he gets along with my cat. He even knows some tricks, he can "whisper", sit, lie down, and I'm working on teaching him to howl. He's a little hesitant about that but we're working on it. So Amos is why I've included corgis in my blog. Next up--knitting!!!! But that's another day.

3 comments:

  1. I so agree about the 'day without knitting' thing! There are several other 23 things participants who are knitters also.. who knew!?! Can't wait to see what's on your needles:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm...I'm seeing a library knit-in in our future!!! Roz

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were fortunate to be able to get a little corgi. Your dog is so cute. I really like small dogs. I was able to rescue a sweet little dog from the Humane Society last year. He's very laid back and loves to go for walks. I'll try to put his picture on my blog sometime.

    I also like to knit. I don't knit well, but enjoy it. Maybe a library knit-in would be fun!

    ReplyDelete