Sunday, February 22, 2009

This and That

Sometimes I just have some quick random things that I want to rant about. One of them is plastic parts in plumbing etc. Why can't plumbing parts be made like they "used" to be long long ago so they don't wear out?? Why do the moving parts have to be plastic so that every few years you have to have someone come replace the plastic valve that no longer works and really is no longer made so you have to buy the "new and improved" as well as the "adaptor kit" so it will work new and improved???!!! My parents lived in an old house built in the 30's in midtown Tulsa, they NEVER had to have some plastic part replaced on their tub--sure they did have "other issues" with plumbing but I have those issues too. Well, that's one rant.

Here's the other. Estate Sales. I know the goal is to make as much money as possible BUT when people are leaving an estate sale with nothing in their hands by droves, something is amiss. Many people wait till the 3rd or 4th day of an estate sale to even go. Many estate sales I've been to lately could be mostly completed in ONE day if the prices were reasonable to begin with and if offers would be considered close to the end of the day. To me, it's a waste of time AND money to have an estate sale last 3-5 days UNLESS it's a HUGE sale. I know there is a HUGE amount of work getting an estate sale ready so why not get the actual sale over and done and stuff out the door on the FIRST day??

These are just a couple of my peeves that have popped up lately.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Roz! I don't know if you like mysteries but if you like Eastste Sales you should check out this series by Sharon Fiffer. THe first title is "Killer Stuff" Enjoy!
    cathiesue

    ReplyDelete
  2. I here you girl! The plastic stuff is so not dependable!

    ReplyDelete